How to Keep your Personal Information Safe Online: Hello everyone today I am going to share some interesting facts about how to keep our identity safe. There are more than 2 billion active users on social media and internet. More than the 50% of people use the internet in a day. Social networking appeared in view of a straightforward idea of creating a platform that could connect people worldwide. People can share their ideas and think with each other, with all this they know the gravity of the term privacy and how important it was to the user to keep their personal information safe.
How to Keep your Personal Information Safe Online:-
Well, the safety of a users personal information has always been the major concern of Internet networking companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In the beginning, all these companies have made various changes in their security algorithms. For example, if the site detects that the account has been logged in from a new device the site then sends you an email to confirm whether it was you or someone else, which is the best algorithm to know if someone wants to log into your account auto email generate.
Now lets talk about something interesting, something that we have been doing unknowingly, I want to ask you a question, if you use whatsapp or any other messaging app, did you ever came across any message claiming to give you 10 GB data for just rupees 99 from Zong or other companies for which you will have to install an app or any message that claims to give you a smartphone if you spread this message to 10 other people and provide some of your details in order of getting the smartphone or some other messages like that?
These were all fake messages given to you by someone else in order to get your details. None of these messages were ever prepared by any of the companies whose name was given in the message to tempt the customers.
By knowing following tips you can easily save your personal information online
- Never click any link or install any app that you don’t know is safe or not.
- Never share your personal information like username or password with others.
- Try to change your passwords at least ones in every 2 to 3 months.
- A password must be of minimum 8-10 character length. It must not be simple enough that others may guess it out easily and also it must not be complex enough for you to remember.
- A password must contain mixed Upper case and Lower case letters and random characters and numbers.
- You should also care if your system taking too much to open any file or to play any videos. Always make sure that you have a strong anti-virus, that is working properly to make your personal data and information security. So that no one can approach your data illegally.
If you have any question/queries or suggestion then feel free give us your views points in the comments below.