Revision of Rental Ceiling for Hiring Accommodation for Federal Govt employees: The Federal Government is pleased to enhance rental ceiling for the hiring of residential accommodation in Federal Ministries/Divisions/Attached DepanmenuSubordinate Offices at Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Karachi. Lahore, Quetta, and Peshawar as under w.c.f.01-07-2018. The enhanced rental ceiling comes into force with immediate effect.
Revision of Rental Ceiling for Hiring Accommodation for Federal Govt employees:-
They will apply to
i). All cases afresh hiring.
ii). Cases where the once/occupant is obliged to pay the difference of rent to the owner out of his own resources. In such a case the rent may be increased up to the owner’s demand (indicated at the time of hiring) or the allottee/occupant’s revised rental ceiling whichever is less.
iii). Cases of houses hired under Rob 8(i) of the Accommodation Allocation Rule, 2002 or MA) Housing and Works. 0.M No. 2(3)r2003-Policy dated 3007-2004 of which lease has expired. The lease agreement may be executed with the owner as per current rental assessment of the house or the occupant’s revised rental ceiling or the owner’s demand. whichever is the less.
iv). Cases of houses hired under Rule 90) of the Accommodation Allocation Rules, 2002 on the self-hiring basis: In such a case. the existing rent of the house may be increased up to the revised rental ceiling of the allottee/occupant or the rental assessment of the house whichever is less.
3. The above rental ceilings may also be applied, mutations-mutants, in cases of requisitioned houses otherwise qualifying for an increase in rent/compensation in accordance with the relevant rules/instructions.
4. In all other cases of hired houses except in cases where additions/alterations have been made with the prior permission of the Government. the benefit of revised rental ceilings will be permissible only on the expiry of the current lease agreement.
5. The existing instructions issued on the subject from time to time will remain in force with the above modifications.
6. All the Ministries, Divisions/Attached Department/Subordinate offices will meet the increased expenditure out of their respective budgetary allocations and no additional funds will be allowed to them for this purpose during the financial year (2018-2019).
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division vide their U.0 No. 4(9)R.14/2007/-367. dated 20.06.2018 and Cabinet Division No. F. 18/ M2018-D. d 07.05.2018.